Gaining several pounds during the holidays can be inevitable. Your stress levels increase, your sleep patterns are disrupted, and you’re eating large portions of yummy, unhealthy foods. Here are some tips I use to maintain my weight during the holiday season.
Tips to prevent holiday weight gain:
- Stick to your meal preparation Monday-Friday.
- Skip the second plate, watch your portions and avoid unhealthy snacks.
- Choose only the food you really love. Why waste the calories just to eat something?
- Stay active even on the actual holiday. Make it fun, walk with your family after dinner.
- Control your stress levels, get enough sleep and drink plenty of water.
- Limit liquid calories like egg nog or sweet cocktails.
- Monitor and weigh yourself regularly.
- Use the buddy system, make each other accountable.
- Bring a healthy dish to share. Consider reducing the calories or switch to smarter options in favorite recipes.
- Don’t wait til next year to start your lifestyle change.
These tips will help you conquer the holidays with confidence. Don’t let the holidays get in the way of the goals you tried to achieve all year. Let’s make a winter body that we can be proud to have instead of covering up with loose clothing!