Water is life. It makes up more than 50% of your body. You need water for pretty much every single body function. Most people are chronically dehydrated and not drinking the amount of water they should be. You are commonly told to drink 64 ounces of water a day or 8 x 8 ounce glasses per day. That may sound insane but the main reason you’re probably suffering from health issues is because you’re not drinking the recommended amount per day.
How to Improve Water Intake:
- Use lemon or lime to improve the taste if you think water “tastes bad”. It also helps to make the water alkaline.
- Don’t mistake Hunger for Thirst. If you are snacking or eating too much consider drinking a glass of water first and then see if you’re still hungry.
- Drink more water if you drinking alcohol, coffee, soda or anything with diuretic like properties.
- Make it fun to drink water, draw different times on a gallon to remind yourself or use a pretty glass or container. I fill up a cute 1 liter bottle and fill it up 3 times as an easier way to remember.
- Try to stay away from tap water sources that may have fluoride or other harmful products in it. Go for a distilled or spring water source.
Benefits of Drinking Water:
- Healthier and younger looking skin
- Carries more oxygen through the body
- Lubricates the joints
- Cushions the brain and spine
- Flushes and detoxifies the body
- Improves the digestive system and promotes regularity
- Improves kidney function
Symptoms of Dehydration/ low water intake:
Contraindications: Too much water can be a bad thing for health issues like kidney or heart problems should have a restriction set by a health care provider that knows the case.
Raise your vibration and stay hydrated.