It’s not the holidays without a yummy holiday drink. Let’s ditch the dairy and eggs and make a delicious guilt-free Vegan Coquito. For those who don’t know, Coquito is blend of coconut milk, coconut cream, heavy cream, spices and lots of rum. It basically is a Puerto Rican version of egg nog. It easily adapts to a vegan recipe because it is mostly coconut anyways. You can hold the rum if you would like to make a kid-friendly version as well.
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut cream (Coco Lopez)
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- white rum to taste (optional)
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick
- Add all of the ingredients except for the rum into a blender and blend until the consistency is to your liking.
- Stir the rum into the mixture by hand and taste. The amount of rum is based on how light or strong you want to make the drink. Add it slowly because it can sneak up on you.
- Pour the coquito into an airtight glass bottle or mason jar pitcher.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Shake well prior to serving. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Bring to all family/ friend gatherings and Enjoy!