Gaining several pounds during the holidays can be inevitable. Your stress levels increase, your sleep patterns are disrupted, and you’re eating large portions of yummy, unhealthy foods. Here are some tips I use to maintain my weight during the holiday season.
Tips to prevent holiday weight gain:
- Stick to your meal preparation Monday-Friday.
- Skip the second plate.
- Avoid unhealthy snacks.
- Choose only the food you really love.
- Watch your portions.
- Stay active even on the actual holiday.
- Control your stress levels.
- Get enough sleep.
- Limit liquid calories like egg nog or sweet cocktails.
- Monitor and weigh yourself regularly.
- Use the buddy system, make each other accountable.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Bring a healthy dish to share.
- Reduce the calories or switch to smarter options in favorite recipes.
- Don’t wait til next year to start your diet.
These tips will help you conquer the holidays with confidence. Don’t let the holidays get in the way of the goals you tried to achieve all year. Let’s make a winter body that we can be proud to have instead of covering up with loose clothing!