We have all had lice at least once in our life. Or probably dealing with an itchy scalp as you read this. Whether getting it from school or your child gave it to you, dealing with this pesky parasite can be a nightmare.
What is lice? There are parasites that are found on the head. That can be spread by personal contact, or use of combs, brushes, hats, and clothing.
I have tried over counter medication and it can be very strong, toxic, and drying to the scalp. I found a fabulous treatment that has worked for me and you don’t have to use that painful comb either. It is an overnight treatment that will need to be used twice.
First, wash your hair and in the shower apply apple cider vinegar on the scalp and do not rinse it. Let it dry with the apple cider vinegar. This will help dry the residue from the eggs that allow it stick to your hair.
Next, make a small container of coconut oil mixed with tea tree oil and lavender oil. Apply generously around all of your hair. Place a shower cap on. Leave in for at least 6-8 hours.This suffocates the adult lice. It’s best to do this before bed so it’s less of a hassle.
In the morning, wash hair and dry with a blow dryer. (The lazy way is allowed it doesn’t have to be perfect). Going around the scalp area mainly.
In about 5-7 days repeat the treatment process. This is to make sure that if any eggs were left in hair it will kill them before they start reproducing again.
As always with every treatment make sure to change all the linens you use and dry in high heat. Vacuum all the fabrics and carpeting as well.